Saturday, June 13, 2015

Face primers review & the POREfessional by Benefit

Hellooo lovelies

I am here with a review on the Benefit Cosmetics face primer the POREfessional!
I got this as a sample in Sephora and I have never tried it before even if I always was tempted.

 

I didn't use any kind of primer since few years ago; I didn't know a lot about them and I didn't actually know their potential! Now I am SO into primers that I am craving all of them to find the one that will work best for me.
Starting from eye primers, to lip primers to face ones, we have a lot of primers in stores out there, so you can have fun trying to find the best one for you and your skin.
But let's get into the face ones today.. I haven't tried a lot of them, the only ones I have tried are the
L'Oreal Nude Magique Blur Cream, the Sephora Smoothing Primer and now this one from Benefit, so let's compare them! :)

All these three have that silicone feeling on skin that works for minimizing the pores and making your skin look fab and very smooth. 

They are good primers but they have some downs:

L'oreal blur cream is a coloured one, so the thing I didn't like was the fact that I couldn't find my colour.. Unfortunately I have a pale skin and even the lightest shade didn't fit me cause it was too dark. No problem if you have a bit of a tan or you just go with medium to full foundation on top :) It lasts pretty well during the day and I really liked it!

Sephora Smoothing Primer is a transparent gel one, sooo silicone based but perfect for pore minimizing. It didn't last long on my skin, don't know if it was my skin at that time or what but it dried too much on me. I don't know if I will buy it again.

Benefit thePOREfessional is a slightly coloured one, it won't create any skin shade problem. Foundation will apply better after putting them and it lasts all day without retouching or any drying. I really loved the effect of this primer and I am going to buy it full size cause I thing is the best one I have tried for now and the price-quality ratio is pretty good! Also, it lasts so much cause you will need just a tiny teeeeny amount! :)


So, for my skin, Benefit one worked better and is the actual winner from the three for now! We'll see if some primer I will try in the future will beat it!

Just remember that primer is not a good thing for your skin. Is like pure silicone base that can block your pores and break your skin out. I recommend using the not on a daily basis but just for occasions or when you know you will need your make up to last longer. 
I would use long lasting products on a daily basis and go for primers for occasions or some special days. Silicone is not a friend of skin so just remember that investing in a pore minimizing cream is more important than investing in a primer, buuuuut we all know that sometimes primer magic is the best thing we can have on a special day/night! :) Also, there are a lot of primers out there and I am so intrigued by the Too Faced face one and the SMASHBOX one which doesn't have all that silicone feel but make your make up last all day! We'll see, I will keep you update! :)

Do you use face primer? What are your favourites? 
Do you wear them everyday or just ny now and then? 
Let me know in the comments, I always appreciate when you write something down here! 

Hope you have a great weekend and I will see you on my next post!


 

2 comments:

  1. I've been seeing porefessionals for months now, and I still haven't tried it out yet. I was never a big fan of primer until recent either. I'll really have to get this now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this primer- I find it hard to really sum up what I like about it though! I only use this primer when I'm doing something 'special' like going out or seeing someone important. For every day use i use an e.l.f primer that is surprisingly really good. :)

    xx Elise
    http://dream-seek-believe.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete