Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation Review and Swatches! ♥

Hello lovelies
Today I have an exciting post for you as I am talking about the new Too Faced Born This Way foundation which I have been excited about ever since the news about it came out!
If you want to buy it you can do it from their online store here or in Sephora or any store that has a Too Faced counter!
So let's see what are the shades, what I think about them and how I feel about them!


First of all they came out in this GORGEOUS pink bag! This is so so cute and I will bring it with me everywhere! Inside we have all the 12 shades that are in the stores now (they will come out with another 6 shades - three darker and three lighter - in autumn). 
The foundation sounds like a dream:
  • Medium-to-full undetectable coverage
  • Oil-free
  • Coconut Water helps delicately replenish skin’s moisture levels without overhydrating for the look of radiant skin
  • Infused with the resilient Alpine Rose to brighten the skin’s appearance and promote elasticity
  • Hyaluronic Acid helps balance skin for a smoother, more youthful appearance
 
The bottle is amazing! I love the frost packaging with the gold, and the golden TF on the cup make it just perfect and elegant AND it has a pump!! YES, Too Faced, you know how to make things!!
[Note: This pump works for the Nars sheer glow too!]
Everything is so nice and elegant and like a dream but let's see the perks and the pitfalls!

 

The perks:
It is an amazing foundation
Hydrates the skin
Skin really looks better after
You can get a medium coverage and layer
Looks incredibly natural
Blends really well
Stays all day (I had it on from 8am and at midnight it was still there)
Provides a great dewy and natural look

The Pitfalls:

This is not a foundation for everyone, by that I mean that if you have oily skin or you don't like dewy look foundation then this could not be perfect for you.
I have been trying it now that is summer so I will see how it works in winter but as it tends to get shiny, if you have oily skin I think you will have a problem.
Then other pitfall is for the colour range that unfortunately will not suit anyone, but they will add more shades so if you can't find your perfect match, just wait and you'll be satisfied! :)

Here are the swatches:


Colours from left to right:

Porcelain - Ivory - Vanilla - Nude - Warm Nude - Light Beige - Natural Beige - Warm Beige - Sand - Golden - Honey - Caramel


As I have a very dry skin for me this foundation is heaven in a bottle but I would recommend you to try it before buy it and get a sample so you can see how it works on your skin and what is the best match for you! This is an incredible foundation but if you have very oily skin and it doesn't work for your skin then it could be a nightmare (but this is for any liquid foundation if you have very oily skin) so, as always, try it! If you have dry skin then run at the first store and GET IT and.. tell them YOU WERE BORN THIS WAY!! :)



I really hope this helped you, I am loving this foundation a lot! Let me know in the comments if you have it, what is your shade, if you like it or if you want to try it and if you have any question about the colours or everything leave a comment here or write me wherever you want and I will happily help you! :)

Have a lovely day!

Remeber that you can follow me on instagram and subscribe to my channel
I would love to see you there!

Much love!

1 comment:

  1. This foundation does sound amazing for dry skin, and I absolutely love the bottle!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete